Australia fritters away more money per person gambling than any other country. According to H2 Gambling Capital, a consultancy, the average adult lost $990 in 2016; 49% more than Singaporeans, the next-biggest losers. According to an old saying, they would bet on two flies walking up a wall. The pokies are far and away the most popular form of flutter, accounting for over half of annual losses (spending on gambling minus the payouts from it) of $18bn (see chart). Source: The Economist
Hume Whittlesea Primary Care Partnership Gambling Australians spend more on gambling than people anywhere else
- Introducing Mohammad Daud Karimi, Project Coordinator for the Outer Northern Refugee Health Network
- Northern Metropolitan Region Assembly 15 Aug – we encourage all members to attend to advocate for health & wellbeing infrastructure….it’s our community – together we can make it a healthy one!
- My Health Record Community Information Sessions
- Punters lose big on pokies Two Whittlesea hotels top state for machine expenditure
- $56 million poured into pokie machines in Hume in just six months