The community is being invited to have their say on a new national plan that aims to improve the lives of people with mental health issues.
The Fifth Plan contains seven priority areas, which have been identified for action in close collaboration with the mental health sector.”
The seven priority areas include:
- Integrated regional planning and service delivery;
- Coordinated treatment and support for people with severe and complex mental illness;
- Suicide prevention;
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander mental health and suicide prevention;
- Physical health of people living with mental health issues;
- Stigma and discrimination reduction; and
- Safety and quality in mental health care.