As previously advised in The Grapevine, in February the Privacy Amendment (Notifiable Data Breaches) Bill 2016 was passed, establishing a Mandatory Data Breach Notification Scheme in Australia. Once the scheme takes effect in 2018, organisations covered by the Privacy Act 1988 will be required to notify our office, and any individuals affected, of a data breach that is likely to result in serious harm. The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner will be working closely with agencies and businesses to help prepare for the scheme’s commencement. This will include providing additional guidance over the next 12 months, and events hosted through the Privacy Professionals Network.
Hume Whittlesea Primary Care Partnership Consumer Privacy Mandatory Data Breach Notification Scheme established in Australia
- Axe the Fax – HWPCP can help!!
- HWPCP are urging you to Stand With Community Health and Make Your Pledge Today!
- The Outer Northern Refugee Health Data Bulletin is now available!
- Introducing Mohammad Daud Karimi, Project Coordinator for the Outer Northern Refugee Health Network
- Northern Metropolitan Region Assembly 15 Aug – we encourage all members to attend to advocate for health & wellbeing infrastructure….it’s our community – together we can make it a healthy one!