To help organisations make the transition from HACC to the CHSP, the Victorian Department of Health and Human Services funded the Hume Whittlesea Primary Care Partnership in conjunction with Health West, Inner North West PCP and North East PCP to lead a North and West Metropolitan Region project to explore with HACC funded organisations a feasible and suitable HACC Alliance structure. Meg Henderson from Everybody’s Business was appointed to provide consultancy for the project.
A Discussion and Options paper was distributed prior to the consultations to assist organisations present their views. Over 70 organisations have enthusiastically participated in the consultations process to date, with a range of views and suggestions being made. Attendance has been representative of the region with:
- 33 (46%) Social Support Alliance members who are generally ethno specific and/or smaller agencies
- 14 (20%) local governments
- 12 (17%) community health or health services
- 3 (4%) Aboriginal controlled organisations
- 9 (13%) were a mixture of not for profits, niche and smaller organisations that don’t attend the Social Support Alliance.
Early analysis suggests support for the formation of an alliance. Work is still underway to determine an alliance structure and strategic directions.
It is anticipated that a report will be forwarded to DHHS for final consideration in April. For further information, please contact Meg Henderson on 0410700022 or firstname.lastname@example.org or HWPCP CEO Max Lee 0419 366 558 or email@example.com