From 1 July 2017, Victoria will have a Reportable Conduct Scheme, which will be administered by the Commission for Children and Young People.
The Scheme creates new obligations for the heads of organisations in scope that exercise care, supervision and authority over children. This includes the requirement that certain types of alleged employee misconduct be reported to the Commission, along with information about the organisation’s response to any relevant allegation. The Commission will independently oversee, monitor and, where appropriate, make recommendations to improve how organisations respond to allegations of child abuse and neglect made against employees.
The scheme is being rolled out in three phases. Phase one organisations include:
· government and non-government schools
· registered or accredited senior secondary education and training organisations
· approved providers of courses to students from overseas
· overseas student exchange organisations
· disability service providers that provide residential services for children with a disability
· mental health service providers with in-patient beds
· Victorian Government funded drug or alcohol treatment services with in-patient beds
· Victorian Government funded housing services or other assistance to homeless persons that provide overnight beds for children and young people
· out-of-home care services
· Victorian Government departments.
The Commission for Children and Young People (CCYP) is providing information sessions as an introductory overview for organisations that must meet the requirements of the Scheme, including:
· An overview of the Scheme
· The role of the Commission
· Identifying reportable conduct
· Notifying the Commission
· Investigating reportable allegations
The session is targeted to CEOs and human resources, governance and/or compliance managers.
Preston session details
29 June 2017 10:00am-12:00noon
Department of Health and Human Services
Conference rooms 2 and 3
679-685 High St
This session will be video conferenced to Fitzroy and Broadmeadows(please click on the register button in the invitation to see the video conference location details).
Register your attendance for this information session via Event Bright. To do this, please click here.
Please note that individual registration is required for all non-DHHS staff attending this session. Photo identification must be presented to secure entrance to the building.
Further introductory sessions are scheduled in other Victorian locations during June. Please contact the Commission to register for an alternative session.
Visit ccyp.vic.gov.au for information about the Commission and the Scheme.
You can also contact the Child Safe Standards and Reportable Conduct Scheme information line on 8601 5281 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Department of Health & Human Services
Fitzroy Regional Office
145 Smith Street, Fitzroy
p. 94125343 | e. email@example.com | www.dhs.vic.gov.au